|Tax Status:||Tax Not Paid|
I am selling my 1994 Gemini 3400 due to relocating for work to somewhere that's not by the sea. It's been a wonderful liveaboard and coastal cruiser and I'm sure it'll make someone happy. It's well travelled, having been across the Atlantic, and back and forth between the UK and the Mediterranean a number of times. It is getting on in years and has some work that needs to be done, hence the price, but is perfectly livable and sailable in it's current condition.
UK registered, currently berthed in Malta, Europe.
- LOA 10m
- Beam 4.3m
- Displacement 3.5t
- Draft 0.46 - 1.52m (retractable centerboards)
- King-sized bed in main cabin (with memory foam topper)
- Two double cabins
- Spacious heads with sea toilet, holding tank, and shower (though it needs a new shower sump pump)
- Spacious linear galley with all electric appliances (induction stove, microwave, air-fryer, kettle, large 12v fridge with freezer)
- Main settee and table comfortably seats 6-8 people
- Large solid foredeck
- Steerable 40HP Mercury outboard (new 2021)
- 2 x 110Ah AGM batteries (new 2023)
- Anti-osmosis treatment 2020
- Sails old but still ok (main with stack pack and jackstays, furling genoa, spinnaker)
- 325w solar panels
- 2.7m inflatable dinghy
- 2.3HP Honda 4 stroke outboard (for dinghy, needs service)
- 54lbs electric outboard + 60AH Lifepo4 battery (for dinghy)
- 2 x 100L fresh water tanks
- 2 x 60L gasoline tanks
- Mast steps
- 15kg anchor with 30m chain (no windlass)
- Raymarine chartplotter
- AIS receiver
- Autopilot (new motor 2022)
- Large bimini and cockpit enclosure
Currently it is located in a marina in Malta and the berth is transferable with the boat if you desire it (liveaboard is allowed). All bedding, kitchenware, etc. are included so you could immediately move aboard if desired.
The goal with the boat was to be off-grid, but this hasn't been completed yet. Currently the kitchen appliances (other than the 12v fridge) run on shore power at the marina. To go fully off-grid for electric, more solar panels and an inverter would be needed (ideally more batteries as well but this is up to you). A 60A MPPT solar charge controller (compatible with 12v, 24v, or 48v up to 2880w of solar panels) has already been purchased and is included with the boat.
There are a few projects to be done:
- Windows are UV damaged (fogged up) and could use replacing. This however doesn't affect the functionality of the boat (in fact on some windows it's good because it provides privacy) so they can be left as is, except for the main windshield (it has been polished to improve the visibility but will want to replace at some point). Window covers have been made for many of the windows and hatches to reduce the chance of future UV damage.
- The front-most window needs resealing, but is also UV damaged so best to replace it at the same time. Currently a window cover is repelling most water away from the window so the leaking is minimal, but probably best to address fairly soon.
- Anti-fouling is due
- Electrics are all working but wiring could use a clean-up
- Stack pack zipper needs re-stitching (conveniently, a sewing machine is included with the boat)
- Shower needs a sump pump, however you could use the bilge pump in the mean time.
- Gelcoat has spider cracks which could use fixing but is mostly cosmetic.
- Heavy-duty Singer sewing machine is included, as well as some spare canvas material which was used to make window covers.
- Parts were purchased to make an electronic water tank level detector. This project was started but not completed, Fairly simple to finish with a bit of wiring and soldering.
- Two 10A battery chargers included (one for main battery bank, one for dinghy electric motor battery)
- Loads of tools and spare parts
- Lots of life jackets (for adults, children, and a dog I think!)
- I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of at the moment
|Vessel type:||Catamaran - 10m|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||Mercury 4-stroke 40HP|
|Fuel type:||Petrol (Gas)|
|Length over all:||10.10m|
|Hull material:||Glass Fibre|
|Fuel capacity:||120 Litres|
|Water capacity:||200 Litres|
|Holding tank capacity:||60 Litres|
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.